South Africans love chocolate as much as they love a braai. This is why we’ve created a delicious chocolate braai sauce that’s the perfect accompaniment for your Heritage Day braai on 24th September.
Here’s our totally addictive, quick and easy chocolate braai sauce – it’s what every steak yearns for.
Beyers Braai Sauce (serves 6)
- 1 small, sweet pearl onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40 g of butter
- 300 ml of good red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- 30 g sugar
- 80 g slab of 70% Beyers Dark Chocolate
- Finely chop the onion
- Place the olive oil and butter in a saucepan over medium heat
- Add onion, stirring often to avoid burning
- Add the red wine and sugar and reduce heat to low
- When the sauce has reduced to ¾, gently add the chocolate squares and carefully mix in until melted.