Mother’s Day is just around the corner – on Sunday, May 8th to be exact – and we’ve got the day sorted for you and that fabulous mother of yours. Start the day with a glorious breakfast and round it off with a favourite DVD accompanied by a sensational hamper of choccies. That’s definitely the kind of Mother’s Day that gets our vote!
1. Breakfast for a Queen. Whether it’s breakfast on a tray in bed or served in the dining room, this is one way to make Mom feel really special. Sizzling bacon and eggs or pancakes… or both! Try these quick, super-delicious Sweetie Pie Pancakes from Beyers:
Sweetie Pie Pancakes with Dark Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Vanilla Cream
Preparation time: 30 minutes – Cooking time: 15 minutes
Beyers Sweetie Pies
Nut Butter (eg: Macadamia)
Beyers 70% Dark Chocolate
For Pancake Batter:
4 cups Flour
5 cups Water
1/2 tsp Salt
4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Oil
Mix the batter ingredients together well and make sure there are no lumps.
Heat a non-stick frying pan and pour in some of the pancake mixture.
Once the pancake is cooked remove from the pan and repeat the process.
Spread a pancake with a little bit of nut butter.
Unwrap a Sweetie Pie and place it in the centre of the pancake. Fold the pancake in half and then in half again (you won’t be able to completely enclose the Sweetie Pie, and that’s fine).
Place the filled and folded pancake in the microwave for 30 seconds, until the Sweetie Pie has melted.
Pour over the melted Beyers 70% Dark Chocolate. Decorate with whipped cream and fresh berries. Watch Mom’s face light up!
See Master Chocolatier, Kees Beyers, whip these pancakes up in a jiffy.
2. Gorgeous Blooms. Few women can resist a bouquet of beautiful blossoms – perfect for lifting the heart and lifting a room. If mom lives out of town, let her know you’re thinking of her by ordering flowers online and having them delivered.
3. Posh Picnic. A great way to spend quality time together, lazing on a blanket with a basket of goodies. Opt for a local beauty spot like the Botanical Gardens in Johannesburg or Kirstenbosch Gardens in Cape Town. Think crispy ciabatta bread and paté sandwiches, a selection of cheeses and olives, boiled eggs, chicken drumsticks, pasta salad, orange juice, sparkling wine… and dessert of course.
4. Made with Love. Throughout your growing years, your mom treasured all your efforts at making hand-crafted gifts – from scary pottery and art to weird knitted ‘things’. Now that you’re all grown up, something made with your own hands and with love, will be even more appreciated. Turn to Google, type in ‘DIY Mother’s Day gifts’ and be amazed at the great range of ideas for crafting your own unique present.
5. Happiness Is. A hamper of chocolate heaven is a truly special treat – and the ideal accompaniment to movie night at home. Beyers Chocolates offers you the chance to create your own hamper. Popular favourites include Heart of Chocolate, Turkish Delight Slab, Luxury Collection Box Taster, and Sweetie Pie.
To all mothers everywhere – we think the world of you. Enjoy your day!