A classic symbol of grace and elegance, the pink rose is often given as a token of admiration and appreciation. These handmade Rose and Raspberry macaroons will impress any mom this Mother’s Day. The key secret ingredient here? Our Yotti’s Rose flavoured dessert sauce. You can purchase yours at any one of our factory shops in Spartan Kempton Park and Montague Gardens in Cape Town.
250g Ground Almonds
250g Castor Sugar
250g Icing Sugar
90g(x2) Egg Whites
1. Bring the water and castor sugar to the boil until it reaches 116˚C. When it is close to temperature whisk 90g Egg Whites to foamy.
2. When the temperature is reached, slowly pour the syrup into the egg whites while whisking on low speed.
3. Whisk to cool. While the mixer is whisking, mix the ground almond, castor sugar and 90g of egg white together. Add Colour if applicable.
4. Fold 1⁄3 of meringue to until mixed well. Fold in the remaining meringue.
5. Bake on 150˚C for 20 minutes. Open the oven after 10 minutes to let the moisture out.
Rose and Raspberry Ganache
600g White Chocolate
2g Raspberry Flavour
40g Rose syrup.
1. Bring the cream to boil. Pour over Chocolate and whisk until chocolate is fully melted.
2. Add Raspberry Flavour and Rose Syrup.
3. Pipe Ganache into macaroons when piping consistency is reached.
You can serve your Macaroons as we have on a wooden board, or you can serve them on a pretty plate decorated with rose petals.